Answered By: Desk Reference
Last Updated: Sep 22, 2016     Views: 48

As a JMP student with the University of Manitoba, you have all the rights and privileges of a regular graduate student of the University of Winnipeg, including library access. To gain borrowing privileges, you have two options:

1.      Obtain a University of Winnipeg student ID card from Student Central on the 1st floor of Centennial Hall, near the Ellice Avenue entrance to campus. This card is also your library card. Please bring adequate documentation with you to show that you are a Joint Master's Program student. You may want to contact Student Central by phone at 204-779-8496 for more information on what documentation they require.

2.      Bring your valid University of Manitoba student ID card, a piece of government-issued photo ID, and documentation that you enrolled in the Joint Master’s Program (such as your JMP statement of fees) to the Library’s Circulation Desk. The Circulation staff will affix a University of Winnipeg Library barcode to the back of your U of M student ID card and create a library account for you.      

Graduate and JMP students may borrow regular library materials for 120 days. Please note that borrowed materials are still subject to recall after 14 days and fines are enforced on late materials at the University of Winnipeg Library. For more information on borrowing from the U of W Library, please see our Borrowing, Renewing, and Requesting Materials page. 

Contact Us

Reference Desk

University of Winnipeg Library

P 204-786-9815

Email Uwinnipeg Reference