Answered By: Laura Butler
Last Updated: Sep 22, 2016     Views: 197

A library card is required to borrow books from the Library. For University of Winnipeg students, faculty and staff, the student or employee ID card doubles as a library card. This card may be obtained from Student Central on the main floor of Centennial Hall.

For alumni, the library card is the alumni card with the addition of a library barcode. Alumni may obtain their alumni cards from the Alumni Affairs Office on the 9th Floor of 491 Portage Avenue (The Rice Building). Library barcodes may be procured from the Circulation Desk in the Library.

For external or special borrowers, the library card is a piece of photo identification which has had the University of Winnipeg Library barcode affixed to it.