Answered By: Desk Reference
Last Updated: Sep 22, 2016     Views: 527

Course Reserves are materials that professors have singled out as materials that their students NEED to have access to.  As such, these items will either be available electronically, or for short term loan only – short term ranging from a few hours to a week. This loan period will be indicated in the item's location field in the Library’s catalogue (e.g. Reserve - 1 hr. (see Circulation Desk)) OR in the call number section of the individual Course Reserve pages.  Physical materials on Course Reserve can be obtained from the Circulation Desk.  Please note that most reserve items may NOT be renewed (unless they have a 3 or 7 day loan period) and have inflated overdue fees.  Only University of Winnipeg students, faculty and staff may borrow materials that have been placed on Reserve.

To search for material that is on Reserve (both physcially and electronically), please visit the U of W Library website and click on the link that reads “Course Reserves”.  You may search by course number or the last name of the instructor.  

Contact Us

Reference Desk

University of Winnipeg Library

P 204-786-9815

Email Uwinnipeg Reference