Answered By: Ian Fraser Last Updated: Sep 22, 2016 Views: 75
Answered By: Ian Fraser
Last Updated: Sep 22, 2016 Views: 75
To export from RefWorks:
- In RefWorks, navigate to References > Export
- Choose either "All References" or a particular folder.
- Choose "Bibliographic Software" as your Export Format (this is RIS).
- Depending on your browser, either a text file will be downloaded, or a new window will open with your references tagged. If your file opens in a new window, right click on it and choose "Save As." Save the file in .ris format (i.e. myreferences.ris)
To import into Mendeley:
- Open Mendeley Desktop and navigate to File > Add Files. Browse to your saved .ris file and the references will be imported. You may also right-click the main window within a folder to directly import your references there.
To import into Zotero:
- Open the Zotero standalone app and click the "cog" settings icon
- Choose "import" and select the .ris file you downloaded earlier.
See the videos below for more information.