Answered By: Desk Reference
Last Updated: Apr 09, 2020

University of Winnipeg students, faculty, and staff will receive a library barcode when they obtain their student or employee card from Student Central on the main floor of Centennial Hall. The barcode is located on the bottom of the card.

Alumni must bring their alumni card to the Library Circulation Desk to receive a barcode. These cards may be obtained from the Alumni Affairs Office on the 9th Floor of 491 Portage Avenue (The Rice Building).

Students and faculty from other Canadian universities participating in the Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement (CURBA) will receive a University of Winnipeg Library barcode when they present their institution's student or staff card to the Library Circulation Desk. Please note that students and faculty from universities outside Manitoba should also present a reciprocal borrowing card from their home institution's library. The type of reciprocal borrowing card provided will be determined by the consortium that the home institution belongs to. Please see CURBA for more information about reciprocal borrowing privileges between post-secondary institutions in Canada.    

External or special borrowers will obtain a library barcode at the Library Circulation Desk after payment of the external borrowing fee. The fee for external/special borrowing privileges at the University of Winnipeg Library is $25/year. Once payment has been received, a barcode will be affixed to a piece of the external borrower's photo ID, such as a driver's license.