Answered By: Desk Reference
Last Updated: Jan 10, 2022

The University of Winnipeg is a member of COPPUL (Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries), one of the consortiums of academic libraries engaged in reciprocal borrowing under the Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement (CURBA).

University of Winnipeg students may borrow books from the University of ManitobaCanadian Mennonite UniversityBooth University College, and other local institutions, with a valid UWinnipeg student ID card. Please note that there may be borrowing restrictions on certain items.

If you are a student from a another university participating in this agreement, you may obtain free borrowing privileges at the University of Winnipeg Library by providing your valid student card and reciprocal borrowing card from your home institution's library. The type of reciprocal borrowing card you have will be determined by the consortium (CAUL/BCI/OCUL/COPPUL) that your home institution belongs to.

Please note the following:

- As a CAUL/BCI/OCUL/COPPUL student, you are unable to place requests on items or use our library’s InterLibrary Loan services. In addition, you may not borrow materials on Course Reserve and access to our electronic resources will be restricted to within the Library.

- The U of W Library enforces fines on its overdue materials. Please see our Borrowing, Renewing, and Requesting Material page for our late fee information.

- There is no public wireless network on campus. If you need to access a computer, you will need to register for a temporary computer account. Once registered, please show photo identification to the staff at the Circulation Desk to receive 30 minutes of access to the computers and printers. A one-time 30-minute renewal may be permitted during non-peak hours.

Related Topics

Contact Us

Reference Desk

University of Winnipeg Library

P 204-786-9815

Email Uwinnipeg Reference